Saturday, 1 May 2010

Inner wing compartment access covers


Whist doing the pedal box I decided to sand and level of the entrance to the compartment and add the fixings to allow the cover to be bolted into place. All went easy with the drivers side so having the tools out i decided to do the passenger side.
Problem the cover would not fit right there was a 7mm gap at the top and it rocked as well, I knew that a rubber seal wouldn't solve the problem.



I got the fibre paste out and levelled the areas and once it cured hit it with the DA sander and a 80 pad. Out come the stone chip again and covered the repair areas. Covers got stone chipped as well


Just need to pop the covers on once they dry tmw.

No comments:

Post a comment