Thursday, 20 February 2014

Pre Iva

Got a wee while at the car today and a small drive to see if there are any rattles, knocks etc and also to let the suspension settle so I can get the Indicator height set.
With the brakes starting to bed in and the handbrake getting a little work I noticed it needed some adjustment. I had been talking to Andy about the right bolts for the anti roll bar and mentioned that I needed to adjust the handbrake as well. He suggested checking and adjusting at the handbrake calliper.
Took the split pin out and turned the adjusted with a large screwdriver until the brake applied then wound it back a  1/2 turn and replaced the pin, same with the other side. Job done and ready for another bit of bedding in to see how it settles.




Another IVA job that was done last week was the dash radius, The carbon dash has to sharp a radius for the IVA so I took a large radius piece of ducting, cut about 90 deg out of it and covered it with foam and some black vinyl. Note also the not so sweet IVA steering wheel :(


I noticed when having a test drive the Anti Roll bar arm bolt was catching the inner wing even though I had trimmed part of the lip previously, I trimmed the lip a bit more and took 5mm of the bolts either side and that's another job ready for testing again.



The GD IVA kit is on its way so hopefully that will be here in the next few days and I can get the headrests, silencers, boot handle etc fitted. Must go find another few jobs to do tmw :)

No comments:

Post a comment